Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Angels


So we placed the lucky golden vase, and the rotating frog, and the white stones in cruciform on either side of the house, plus the giant white stone in plainview.... all the feng shui elements are in place. The "activation" seemed to work--sales have picked up, I've been invited to a group show in Madrid in the company of great artists, etc...

But then faith in the supernatural kicked me hard last night. We have an angel show in the gallery opening today. I stood in the middle of Emmanuel Santos' photographs last night, the second part of his series Passing of Light, called The Book of Illumination. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply and was jolted, in my mind's eye saw a GIANT wing, that one wing was the size of the entire gallery. It was huge, only the tips of it were moving as if to say it was all going to be OK. Was so humbled and I just broke down crying.

So I must put a call out to everyone out there to come see our angel show, they are so beautiful, and we are so nothing.
www.silverlensphoto.com

Image: The Conquest of Haamiah, the angel of ethics and understanding, Copyright EMMANUEL SANTOS 2008

2 comments:

  1. That is very cool! I also liked Mannix's work a lot, and so did a lot of the students. I told them to attend the talk. How was that?

    ReplyDelete