Monday, March 30, 2009

It Is Done


We finally did it. Tiger's balls are gone, granted that they were 'inguinal' and probably not working all that well (low sperm count from too hot surrounding environment). Our term was 'neutered', our driver's term was 'caponed'. First time for me to see this kind of surgery that lasted all of fifteen minutes. Didn't realize that he was going to be put under general anesthesia with matching intubation (and extubation). It was heartbreaking to watch, especially since I kept remembering the cats we used to dissect in college in the same supine position.



But all went well. The boy is now home, swaddled in his mom's t-shirt, very groggy from the drugs, but otherwise fine.

Done.

3 comments:

  1. P*%$#!!! ohmygod. poor boy. well now at least we know our favorite eunuch. my god. hope he feels better. Congratulations on the Grant! wowie, wowie. You will be missed. love love B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor boy talaga. I kept thinking he might stop breathing or something on the table from the (lack of) oxygen or something. Then the doctor had to make two slices because the first was too far from the second testicle. My God. I didn't know I had that much fear in me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear the echo of the seven last words... But dude, the pics are a bit jarring. Good thing Tiger is a dog and has no shame. lol.

    ReplyDelete