Friday, December 12, 2008

Don Quixote and the Pago Florentino



Four wines that we choose on a round of wine tasting over ribs, squid, and ostrich at Purple Feet. Started with 20, a selection of Australian, French, and Spanish... R and I narrowed it down to 8...


Then to 4... The winners are

My favorite of the bunch is the PAGO FLORENTINO which is a wine from the region of La Mancha (Spain). It's got Don Quixote on the label. It must be decantered and allowed to breath for a bit, but it is delicious. I have always been a fan of Don Quixote, and this was a happy coincidence. A wood carving that used to sit in our living room is one of the tragic figure with Sancho Panza. And I've recreated it a couple of times in my work. These two pieces from shows I've done. Both no longer in my collection, but am happy to pass on the Impossible Dream.



Did you know that ostrich is considered poultry?
R planning to have a bar in the gallery which is why we're on our nth round of tastings. I am not complaining.

1 comment: