Thursday, December 25, 2008

Speaking to the Relatives



It is the Christmas thing to do. And so it began, the seeing of family and sharing of food for the Noche Buena. It started with lunch on the 24th with my father's side's reunion, then dinner with my mother's side. then the Eve with my immediate family. Felt good to see three to four generations on either side, and actually have something to say to them. Plus the food's really good. So I learned about my niece A who is the brand manager of Domex housecleaning liquid, and cousin W who's run over 70 marathons in his life and is a regular at both the Boston and the New York, and cousin P who makes crystallized sugar (R and I have been looking for this all over!) and gifted me with 5 kilos! I had a really good time talking to these people.

I guess because I am a fairly adjusted adult who's identity issues have been dealt with as far as I possibly can (by such acts as, but not limited to, constantly telling my seventy something year old mother that she makes me uncomfortable), I am genuinely interested in these lives that are genetically and generationally linked to mine.

It is raining here in Manila this Christmas. Very odd weather. Have a good one wherever you are everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment