Friday, July 17, 2009

Curiosities

The Metro system here has upwards of 18 lines (compared to Manila's measly 2.5). They stations are immaculately clean and the trains, no matter how crowded, are very quiet. I like. I also like looking at the bags of my carmates. I like this olive croc skin work bag.


The men and office ladies are very well dressed. The men especially in their man bags and shoes and very nice suits. Why can't men dress this way in the RP?

A few years ago, there was a tv show on NHK Manila called Oh Tokyo. A Pinay who spoke Japanese would go around Tokyo's stores and streets interviewing different people, it was made very entertaining by she being her own translator. I loved that show. I get it now, the curiosity for this place... such as this shop girl watering the sidewalk plants in the middle of Ginza.



And a few blocks away from the watering lady, I found a Bonsai shop. It was a gallery for bonsai and Wabi (Wabi-sabi (侘寂?) represents a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience, thank you Wikipedia). It was a sweet little shop, that sold the bonsai at very affordable prices, with a bonsai-caring service if you went away for months at a time.



It is growing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment