Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wakarimasen

Tamago Issey

I've been trying to get my bearings for the last few days.
Everything is on sale. A summer sale hits mid-year for three weeks, and at 30-70% off. Paul Smith building.

I've visited Tokyu Hands, Loft, Itoya, and Muji. The Moleskin Collection.

Drip coffee sets.

Parking lots.

Had sushi yesterday below Koyanagi-san's gallery. It was very good: the ika and the uni especially. Tomoko grates the wasabi root with shark skin.

Disjointed and incomplete but getting somewhere. Tokyo is busy but quiet. The quiet to me specially as I don't understand Japanese. Wakarimasen. So the usual ambient sound of picked up conversations is only sound without meaning.

My room has a window. A window in a block of office buildings. I cannot open it. I look out onto a concrete plaza. The window building creaks a lot. My aircondition hums constantly, I can't shut if off.

Outsider art seems headed my way. Chris Marker's San Soleil, the first ten minutes. Sophia Coppola's Lost in Translation, the whole movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment