Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hotels


This was the lobby of where I came from. Very comfortable hotel found on Tablet. That was in Kyoto.

Now, am in a city called Kanazawa which is very popular amongst Japanese (castles, samurai, a contemporary art museum called Kanazawa 21) but since the shinkansen hasn't reached here, very few other tourists. So am here to 'research'. That's apparently what it says on my form letter in Japanese that I hand over to people to introduce myself. The Japan Foundation people made this for me. Am pretty excited to move back to looking at our century with Kanazawa 21 after a week of looking at the Japanese answer to the Middle Ages (though they will insist, and I agree, they were much more progressive than Europeans).

So, after a 4.5 hour bus ride, I arrive in my hotel. And there was some confusion as to the reservation, but being it was the only one not written in Japanese, it had to be mine: Ro-ise Loilengo was the name. Yup, that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment