Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gift to Self, 2009


My Happy New Year GTS has arrived. Some years ago, two of my most professional shopper friends, B and B, asked me what my Gift to Self was as my birthday was approaching. I looked at them bewildered to which they answered 'for every occasion, you should treat yourself to a gift'. I am sure it is not a novel idea for a lot of people, but for me it opened a whole new way of being kind to self. I have since become a firm believer in 'kindness begins internally', and with the GTS at least on birthdays and new years. So in the years since, I have given myself a range of gifts from an apartment to a personal trainer to a dog. I must say though that I am not self-indulgent and I rarely buy anything, so the GTS is usually something quite special.

So I commissioned an oil painting of my father's portrait. I asked HP to do it. And am thrilled thrilled thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment