Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hearse Catcher


I attended yet another memorial service yesterday, for a golfing friend of my father's, WE, who had his memorial in the veranda of his beloved MGolf Club. His love for golf was hard core, and as Carlos said am sure it gave an idea to all the other hard cores in the club that they could have their wakes set up between the 18th and the 1st greens.

I've started looking for a golf share to rent at this club, been wanting to start playing again, but the search for one has been elusive. My options:
1. brother has a share that he is not using but I cannot rent it from him because he has not been a member for 30 years, it's simply not allowed as it is an individual share
2. buy brother's share, or "buy" his share on paper, but still need to pay a couple of million bucks for the taxes
3. be appointed as a director of a company with a share, and that share be assigned to me
4. look for a member who has been active for 30 years to rent me his share
5. look for a golf widow who no longer wants to use the share, but only within 6 years from the death

To which friends last night called me a hearse catcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment