Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Drawing Class


Today I took a drawing class. More like I cornered my artist friend CD to teach me how to draw. CD made me a fantastic hair portrait in charcoal a few years ago and it is still my favorite piece of work. She's since made a couple of hair portraits for other people and everybody's really happy. In other words, she is very very good. So why not learn from someone who's good at what they do.

She started with: draw your hand

Then, made me do several exercises including Blind Contour Drawing, Modified Blind Contour Drawing, and drawing my hand over and over again.

Usually, I can't draw a line properly, my handwriting is atrocious, and my idea of art in grade school was a crate of coke bottles that i dripped paint on. My art teacher said that wasn't art. Now, I KNOW that it was an installation and I was just WAY ahead of my time.

Anyway, the drawing class lasted two hours... as The Dawn had R shooting them in the gallery walking all around me....

My hand drawing before... is above.

My hand drawing after ....


Thank you CD! See you Wednesday. Anyone else want to join the class?

2 comments:

  1. Me! It's been years but for some reason, recently been rethinking drawing. Send me details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Merry Widow. It's on Wednesdays at SL, 1-3 pm. Text me if you're coming on June 3. Yay!

    ReplyDelete