Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Name Game



Mrs. Marcos is very good with names, remembering the name to the face. I guess all politicians are. Martin Nievera's good with names too. I guess in showbiz you have to be. Or if you are in either industry and a big enough player, you have an aide following you around who is good with names, whispering them in your ear as you approach (think Anne Hathaway to Meryll Streep's Anna Wintour).

I am pretty good at names. I am neither in politics nor in entertainment. But pride myself in remembering almost everyone I've met, or at least being able to place the person. Till last night, I saw someone's sister/relative/cousin. Not sure which one she was of which friend, but we said our hellos and had a full on conversation. Then I proceeded to introduce her wrongly with matching wrong story of who she was and who she was the cousin of to R. Now this was a tight table of three people: R, her and myself. The funny part was she didn't bother correcting me and played along. Yikes. Sorry po. Dyahe. Now, seven hours later, I'm so bothered because I still can't figure out who she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment