Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lechon


I took this picture of a lechon freshly delivered in December at a niece's wedding reception. Just toying around with R's camera that I swiped for the drive out of Manila to Laguna where we all assembled for the big day. It was the wedding of my cousin's daughter, and I was the only cousin around. I think I was the only one invited--art ties apparently thicker than blood. Anyway, so I took this picture of the lechon in anticipation of getting to the skin first. Last month, I got a request from weekly international magazine T asking for lechon photos, so I sent a couple. I really only had a couple, unlike the trigger happy 8 GB memory-card-carrying folk out there. And they ended up choosing my one. May 4th edition talking about our lechon being "the best". So in a one degree of media separation, I am part of the long tail of Anthony Bourdain's lechon adventure.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! Long live the Pig! B + M+ junior

    ReplyDelete